CATALOG OF WORKS
Choral & vocal works
- David’s Town by David Frye, arr. Kellaris (2016). SATB a cappella. Premiere December 9, 2016, TKPK Singers, Washington DC, Carole Whittam conducting.
- Don’t You Marry a Man from Michigan (2015). Novelty duet for soprano and tenor with orchestral accompaniment. Premiere April 25, 2015, KMGO & DMO, First Presbyterian Church, Yellow Springs, Ohio. Dr. James Johnston conducting.
- Ode of the Theotokos (2014). Magnificat for soprano solo and men’s chorus with piano accompaniment. Premiere December 14, 2014, Holy Trinity – St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, Cincinnati, OH.
- Agios o Theos (2011). Nativity song for chorus of unchanged voices with piano accompaniment. Premiere December 18, 2011, youth choir of Holy Trinity – St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, Cincinnati, OH.
- The Piano Lesson (2008). Duet with piano accompaniment. Premiere March 2, 2008, private recital, Wyoming, Ohio.
- Once I Captured a Butterfly (2006). Art song for unchanged voice with piano accompaniment. Premiere March 2, 2008, Wyoming, Ohio, sung by Linden Eldredge at Une Soiree Musicale, accompanied by HyunKyung Kim.
- Herouvikon (Cherbubic Hymn) 2006. Greek text from the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom. SATB acapella. (7:35 min.) Recorded at CCM, March 2006.
- I Gennisis Sou for unchanged voices and piano. Based on Byzantine chant. Text in Greek and English. World premiere December 19, 2004, Holy Trinity – St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, Cincinnati.
- Axion Estin (SATB). Choral fugue based on Byzantine chant. Greek text from the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrisostom. World premiere December 15, 2001, Holy Trinity – St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, Cincinnati.
- Einite ton Kyrion (SATB, Greek text)
- Gloria (SATB & organ, English text)
- Kyrie Eleison (SATB, Greek text)
- Mimosinon (Orthodox Memorial Music): Among Your Saints, Eternal Memory (SATB, English text)
- Songs of the Nativity: I Gennisis Sou, I Parthenos Simeron (SATB & organ, Greek text). World premiere December 15, 2001, Holy Trinity – St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, Cincinnati.
- Tis Theos Megas (SATB, Greek text)
- Tou Dipnou Sou (SATB Greek text)
- La Fille Semi-Vertueuse, farcical chamber opera in one act. Music and French libretto by James Kellaris. World premiere May 28, 1976, Mobile, Alabama.
- Philoxenia (2016). For plucked string ensemble (Mln.1, Mln.2, Liuto Cantabile, Gtr.1, Gtr.2, CB). Commissioned by NAME. 6:15
- Late again… (2016). Duet for mandolins. 3:00
- Dimitri’s Earworms (2015). Solo for classical mandolin. 5:00
- Persephonia II (2015). Extended tone poem for plucked string orchestra. 5:09.
- Slain by Somnolence (2015). Duet for classical mandolin and guitar. 5:05
- Choro for Olivia (2014). Brazilian genre piece for plucked string ensemble. World premiere November 30, 2014.
- Persephonia (2014). Sixty second tone poem for plucked string orchestra, dedicated to the Austin Mandolin Orchestra. Vox Novus Composer’s Voice Fifteen Minutes of Fame competition selection. Premiere by the Austin (TX) Mandolin Orchestra, March 8, 2015.
- Chrysopylae Reflections (2012). Tone poem for plucked string orchestra. Winner of the 2012 SFMO International New Music Composition Competition. Premiere at the celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge, May 27, 2012. Additional performances in Palo Alto (May 19, 2012), Berkeley (June 2, 2012), and Basilica of Mission Dolores, San Francisco (June 3, 2012). PMO (January 27, 2013). PMO, Providence, RI, Jan. 27, 2013. DMO, Dayton, OH, March 17, 2013.
- It’s Time to Learn (2012). Theme music for Marketing Management distance learning instructional videos by Prof. Ric Sweeney, Lindner College of Business.
- Kalamazoo Suite for Mandolin Orchestra (2010). Three movements 15 min. World premiere by KMGO at Kzoo Valley Museum, May 20, 2012.
- Kalamazoo Swag (2009). Golden Age genre piece for mandolin orchestra. 4:40 World premiere by KMGO at Cooper’s Glen Music Festival, Kalamazoo, MI, January 23, 2010.
- Roads to Kalamata (2009). Three movement suite of Greek genre pieces for mandolin orchestra. Duration = 9:48. Premiere, March 15, 2009, Dayton Mandolin Orchestra at Normandy UMC, Dayton, Ohio. Also performed at national CMSA conference, Oct. 2009.
- Diaphoretiki Dhromoi for string quartet (2007). One movement; duration = 4:43 min. Recorded at CCM.
- Tiles for string quartet (2006). Three movements; duration = 17 minutes. Recorded at CCM.
- Nissiotika for Evans (2001) duo for violin and piano based on traditional Greek island melodies.
- Dimitri’s Kalamatiano, Dimitri’s Other Kalamatiano (1992). Genre pieces in 7/8 time for bouzouki and ensemble of Greek instruments.
- Fantasia for Two Guitars (1986). World premiere October 26, 1990, Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati.
- Fugue on a Hymn Tune for guitar quartet (1986).
- In Dulci Jubilo for solo guitar (1986).
- It’s Christina (2012-2013) – Music for recorded voice, computer-generated sounds and ensemble of instruments.
- The Grandfather Passage (2013) – Music for recorded voices, computer-generated sounds, and ensemble of instruments.
Arrangements for youth orchestra:
- Viva la Vida (Coldplay – 2008).
- Dreidl, Dreidl, Dreidl (2001). Premiere, December 17, 2002, Wyoming High School. Scheduled for performance in Dec. 2012 by Ft. Thomas (KY) Independent School orchestras.
- Greek New Year Song (2001). Kalanda of St. Basil in A minor.
Arrangements for mandolin orchestra
- I Want to go Back to Michigan (2013). Commissioned by KMGO.
- Blind Mary / Sheebag Sheemore (2013). Premiere March 17, 2013, The Dayton Art Institute, Dayton Mandolin Orchestra, James Johnston conducting.
- In Dulci Jubilo (2012).
- Bring a Torch / I Saw Three Ships (2011). Premiere DMO, Clifton Opera House (Dec. 2011).
- The Best Italian Medley Ever Written in the History of the Mandolin Orchestra (2011).
- Je te veux (2011). Erik Satie.
- Deh, Vieni Alla Finestra (2011). WA Mozart.
- I’ve Got a Gal in Kalamazoo (2010). Premiere KMGO, March 27, 2011, Kalamazoo Museum.
- Psaropoula (2008). Traditional Greek syrto. Premiere, March 16, 2008, DMO @ Dayton Art Institute.
- Roll Out the Earworms (2008). Medley of classic TV theme songs. Premiere, March 30, 2008, DMO.
- Toska (Russian march)
- Moscow Nights
- Metsakukkia (Finnish Waltz)
- Torna a Surriento
- My Old Kentucky Home
- Kalanda (Medley of traditional Greek holiday tunes)
- Spiewniczek Piesni Koscielne (Polish Christmas carol)
- Captain Kangaroo Jingle Bells
- Frosty the Snowman
Arrangements for mandolin quartet
- Bring a Torch / I Saw Three Ships (2008). Variations on traditional Christmas carols.
- Be Thou My Vision (2010).
- Now the Green Blade Riseth (2010).
- Komm, liebe Zither, Komm (arr 2008). Song by W.A. Mozart arranged for baritone with mandolin and classical guitar accompaniment. Premiere March 2, 2008, Wyoming, Ohio, sung by Thom Mariner.
- Deh, vieni alla finestra (arr 2008). Aria from Don Giovanni by W.A. Mozart arranged for baritone with mandolin and classical guitar accompaniment. Premiere March 2, 2008, Wyoming, Ohio, sung by Thom Mariner.
- Christmas Time is Here (arr 2013). Song by Vince Guaraldi (1966) arranged for classical guitar ensemble. Premiere December 11, 2013, Dayton, Ohio, Sinclair College Classical Guitar Ensemble, Danny Voris, Director.